Sunday, September 25, 2005


I saw this movie tonight. Have you seen it? It was really good mostly. I'm a sucker for movies with very full casts and lots of intertwining stories that sort of meet up in the end. This one certainly fit that description. I also liked how it didn't really preach about who is right or wrong, and it even suggested in some scenes that racism is a natural feeling; sometimes you can be racist and be right, but that doesn't mean you can't be wrong either. Stereotypes, no matter how offensive, come from somewhere. We all do it because that's how we process information and make decisions. But that doesn't make it pleasant. I still hate racism, but maybe I hate the thing itself and not necessarily racist people after seeing this movie. God my film professor from University would love this. She was totally hot, she was rumoured to have banged one of the guys in The Guess Who. So, in honour of my "serious film" night and of missing University (hi Shaan!), this one is to J. Nicks, a hot film professor who's just plain hot. For those of you who read and actually like my bits of Canadiana, I just thought about how I've never posted anything Degrassi related. I have to! I freakin' love that show and Simon from the original series works for the same company I do! Only in Canada can you get a job with the same dude who was on a successful and beloved classic television show. Anyways, I'm going to bed. Night all! Cheers! Posted by Picasa

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:58 PM  
Anonymous luís said...

This movie seems to be interesting. When it gets released in my hometown I'll watch it. This racism thing is very complex. Something to be always discussed and talked about and be taken seriously, of course... Good to know that you hate racism, the other day the DListed was invaded by racists when MK posted that Kanye West news... And I didn't expect those reactions. Too many Anon commentaries. I didn't know who was who... Oh Gosh, I'm writing too much... You got the message. Keep Updating. I Love you blog! Much love,
Luís.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

haha thanks!
yeah dlisted is kind of weird sometimes...alot of anonymous people post there and usually it's just to get a rise out of people. try not to take it too seriously, because you'll go insane! :)
but a lot of people are racist, this movie kind of shows racism in even the smallest ways we don't even think of. it's really good, so definitely see it if you can! where do you live?

9:50 AM  
Anonymous luís said...

i'm from brasilia (brazil), sarah. i guess you weren't expecting this answer hehehe.

10:07 AM  
Anonymous luís said...

i'll see this movie. sometimes it doesn't take too long to a u.s. movie be released here. hollywood rules and dominates the world, lol.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, eu não o esperei dizer Brasil! Eu nunca fui a Brasil, mas parece como um lugar bonito. Eu não falo realmente Portugese, mim sou justo usando um local da tradução! :)

1:16 PM  
Blogger Michael K said...

I saw that shit, it was hot!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

yah such a good movie. MK i knew you'd be a film fan! :)

6:04 PM  
Anonymous luís said...

hahaha. nice of you writing in portuguese for me. pretty cool! and still you don't find yourself special? oh, gosh. so modest:)
kisses

10:18 PM  
Blogger patti_cake said...

I'm feeling the luv here :) Sweet! I want to see this movie but I doubt I can get my SO to go w/ me

6:22 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

haha patti boys are dumb about movies aren't they?! my bf at the time made me go see The Transporter but wouldn't go see any good movies with me. sigh. boys.

7:48 AM  
Blogger patti_cake said...

Yeah but Chestica Simpson in Dukes of Hazzard - he's THERE. Oh well he did go see the Exorcism of Emily Rose w/ me and actually liked it. I WILL get to see this movie

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was a GREAT movie - my parents actually are the ones who told me I HAD to see it. My hubby loved it too - I think it speaks to everyone on some level.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Ceeta Bonita said...

LOL Sarah busts out the portugese.. Go Nelly Furtado!LOL
I LOVED this movie.. it was one of my faves.. I went to see it w/ dinkhead Devon and he was like Jaw open "DUHHHHH" I hate simpletons that can't grasp the concept of a good flick!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

i know, it was so awesome...i remember you telling me how good it was...it was awesome! i laughed when don cheadle and jennifer esposito were doin' it and his mama calls!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Ceeta Bonita said...

LOL I'd do Don Cheadle.. he's a sexy bitch in an anorexic immigrant sorta way! LOL LOL

7:20 AM  
Anonymous luís said...

sarah furtado hehehe!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

omg nelly furtado totally went to my friends cousins wedding AND she used to live across the street from me when i lived in toronto AND her cousin used to work with me and ceeta! 6 degrees of Nelly!

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home