Saturday, September 24, 2005

Photo by Peter Costa, Niagara FallsFrom "Our Niagara", © 2004 The Regional Municipality of Niagara

Well I don't know about you, but Autumn (also known as Fall) is my favourite season. I love the Niagara Region because it actually has a lot of great places to enjoy the fall foliage and weather. If you're a horseback riding fan or just enjoy spending time with your pets like I do, all the better. The above photo was taken at Dufferin Island in Niagara Falls.
Some other ideas:
Merritt Island in Welland
Port Dalhousie (the pier is still really nice in fall!)
Shorthills hiking trails
the Bruce Trail
Glenridge Naturalization Site
Niagara Parkway in Niagara on the Lake
Decew Falls (some amazing views)
my house in Wainfleet! Seriously, come over, we'll feed the fish in the pond and make a bonfire and drink beer! Party at Sarah's! :)
I hope everyone's also enjoying the Food Festival this weekend or the Grape and Wine Festival - also this weekend. Yes, fall is a good time. A very romantic and melancholy season. I love romantic and melancholy. Enjoy it everyone, because winter is coming and I know they don't plow shit up in Wainfleet!Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, I liked your post until you mentioned the "w" word. Winter!

But I agree. Autumn rocks.

And the snow plowing where I am at is sometimes slow, although with gas at $3 a gallon, they might not come by at all!

What do you pay for gas?

7:38 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

aww i'm sorry, ok no mention of the W again.

we are paying about $1.05/Litre right now here, which is about what you're at...1 Gallon is about 3.8 Litres so ...either way it's too damn much! :)

9:35 PM  
Anonymous luís said...

here in brazil is spring time/ season. but it's also a melancholic and romantic season for us too. the weather here is changing, rains are coming... this is good. i was missing the rains. it was the winter season and the weather was hot. and very dry. this is how the weather works in brazil, specially in the midwest region, wich is where i live. now i want to go to canada:)

10:13 AM  
Blogger patti_cake said...

I love Fall too, my birthday is in Oct, my baby girls' birthday is in Oct too and my favorite holiday is Halloween. Three Cheers for Fall!

6:23 AM  
Blogger JEN said...

I live in Michigan and it's starting to get very colorful here. I love fall, hiking and doing all the fall/halloween stuff!

10:13 AM  
Blogger patti_cake said...

Speaking of Halloween what is everyone going to be this year? Not sure. When I was little I was a witch.. every. single. year. No imagination LOL

5:08 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

lol patti that's cute!
my mom was a friggin master seamstress so i always had elaborate costumes and was kind of spoiled...and now that my mom can't make me costumes, i don't dress up! but i think i should start. i was Rainbow Bright one year and the costume won me tons of contests! aaahh the good old days...

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home