Thursday, October 20, 2005

A BITTERSWEET ANNIVERSARY...



Three years ago October 18, I left my childhood home for a new home in the Fleet, or Wainfleet as it's actually called. I was sad to leave my old home but our new house is hot! I love living in the country, I'm a hick at heart. But, October 18 is also a far less cheery anniversary for some. On October 18, 2002 three teenagers were killed on Thorold Rd. in Welland, ON (the location of said childhood home) after a car speeding in the rain lost control and slammed into a tree, pinning two and throwing another one. All of the kids were killed and so was the driver. He wasn't drunk. He was just speeding. Being the sentimental schmuck I am I like the idea that I could tell the story so that maybe people will think twice before driving like complete assholes. It's not worth it to kill someone else or yourself in such a senseless way. These kids were on their way to the store on a Friday night probably to buy candy or something, ok maybe a pack of Zig Zag's and some smokes but whatever, they were enjoying their weekend and having fun and then they were killed. I think of them sometimes when I'm in my car, late for work, and trying to get there even faster. It's just, not, worth it. Think about it people! If you're from a small town like me where everyone knows everyone, you know how horrible tragedies like that are especially. So, just think about it. Thank you :)

4 Comments:

Blogger GetFlix said...

Sarah, you're such a sweetheart! You make the world go 'round!!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

haha awww thanks :)

11:20 AM  
Blogger Michael K said...

Yeah Sarah unlike me you totally have a beautiful heart!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

haha only every other day ;) thanks guys, you're all hot. MK you keep me cracking up, that's all you need to do. I've gotten SO many people obsessed with dlisted now it's an epidemic...my brother is pissed cause his fiancee doesn't shut up about it! :)

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home