Friday, October 21, 2005

DOWNLOAD THIS...



Parting Gift...

I opened my eyes while you were kissing me once
more than once; and you looked as sincere as a dog

Just as sincere as a dog does
when it's the food on your lips with which it's in love

I bet you could never tell
that I knew you didn't know me that well

It is my fault you see, you never learned that much from me

Oh you silly, stupid pastime of mine.
You were always good for a rhyme

And from the first to the last time
The sign said Stop
but we went on wholehearted
It ended bad but I love where we started

It said stop but we went on wholehearted
It ended bad but I love where we started

I took off my glasses while you were yelling at me once
more than once

So as not to see you see me react

Shoulda put 'em, shoulda put 'em on again
So I could see you see me sincerely yelling back

I bet your fortressed face, belied your fort of lace
It is by the Grace of me you never learned what I could see

Oh you silly, stupid pastime of mine.
You were always good for a rhyme


And from the first to all the last times
All the signs said Stop
But we went on wholehearted
It ended bad but I love where we started

It said Stop but we went on wholehearted
It ended bad but I love where we started

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Sarah...I see your posts on Dlisted all the time, and I think you're adorable! (i'm a heterosexual female...lol)....LOVE Fiona beyond words- so excited that I got tickets to see her at the Wiltern in L.A....saw her 5 yrs ago, and she was phenomenal! I love very single song on Extraorddinary Machine........have a great day

9:48 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

aww thanks!! and thanks for posting...fiona rocks! i've always been a quiet fan of hers...every single song i hear i love. she's so great!

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home