Monday, October 31, 2005

Well, I had a rather eventful weekend. It was quite fun. Friday night I ended up going to bed early only to be stirred from my sleep at 3 AM by some drunken loser banging on the door across the hall from my hotel room. Security finally came up after I - and others - complained. Finally, the guy got into the room, but proceeded to fight with the guy in the room who hadn't let him in previously. Again, I call security. Security tells them to shut the fuck up. They continue. Security comes up again - not my phone call this time - and evicts them, finally. So, I drift back to sleep having an early morning wake-up time the next day. Just as I'm about to fall asleep again, my phone rings. Who the hell is calling me at a hotel at 4 AM? The front desk, to tell me they've evicted the guys. Uhm, thanks. I heard.

Saturday was nuts! It was like Mardi Gras downtown...just drunk costumed people everywhere. I wore a witch costume that Kam my lovely pregnant co worker lent me. So yeah, we went out and got drunkety drunk drunk and had great times. Met cute boys, danced, had fun.

Maybe it's just the time of year, but I've been feeling very spiritual lately. Not like, God spiritual. Canadians, I must say, aren't a very religious bunch. We just don't have the same religious values in our politics and culture. We're more like liberal stoners. As such, "Who am I?" and "What am I meant to do with my life?" type questions plague me on a daily basis. I know this isn't a bad thing, some people never ponder those things and simply don't care about the answers. Some never know that there are even questions to be asked. I've always been a person who lives in my head and is constantly analyzing things. So, today I'm watching Oprah and god do I love Oprah! I don't care that a lot of people hate on her. She's the queen of the world. What she says goes, man. She could bottle her own sweat and sell it as perfume and people would buy it. She is gospel. The show was about women who let abuse basically erode them and make them feel unworthy. As a result, they numb themselves and let themselves go. I know how that feels. I have suffered abuse. I had a traumatic experience when I was four years old that has made me feel a lingering sense that I don't belong in the same world as everyone else ever since. And yet, I know that I do deserve to have everything that I want. It's a matter of knowing that you didn't deserve the wrong that was done to you, and not inflicting it on yourself. Sorry, this is kind of a heavy post I know, but that's me. Sometimes light, sometimes heavy. So I guess that's one part of who I am: Crazy and loud and talkative and funny, but also very sensitive and sometimes overly thoughtful and obsessive. Who are you?


Side note: Robbie Williams song "Tripping" off his new album sucks. a lot.

2 Comments:

Blogger ffleur said...

I liked this post. You have the Canadian espirit de corps. As in: light and dark, spiritual not religious, liberal yet moral, friendly yet reserved. I love us (Cdns), don't you?

9:37 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

haha thanks man! yeah canadians are a unique breed...i don't think i could ever live in the states because of the religious values and political discord...i'm all about canada!

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home