Monday, November 07, 2005

Well, this has been an eventful day to say the least. This morning around 9:30 or 10 AM, a guy was crushed to death by a forklift in the parking lot at the side of my office building. His name was Glenn. I don't know much else about him, but I talked to him a few times and he seemed really nice and friendly. Apparently he was 42 and had a "young family", as they said on the news. I can't seem to find anything about it on the internet, but they did a 5-minute blurb about it on CH News Hamilton. He worked for the company downstairs from mine, called Direct Buy, on Barton in Stoney Creek, Ontario which is a suburb of Hamilton. I am really bummed out about it. I can just imagine his poor wife right now. I can't even write a coherent post about it, it's weird and sad and horrible.

I was going to show you the phone my mum and dad are getting me for Christmas but it feels frivolous right now. Also, my fucking piece of crap dial-up connection - thanks to living in the middle of NOWHERE - won't load blogger properly so I can't anyway. But my mum has agreed to get me the hot pink motorola V3 razor phone. My parents are hot bitches, they spoil me so much I love them. Anyway, I'm tired. I have to get on to bed and try to forget what's happened.

5 Comments:

Blogger GetFlix said...

Very sorry to hear this.

10:09 PM  
Anonymous luís said...

that was very sad. I hope his family can overcome that without much suffering. but i guess this is impossible...

2:01 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

yah it's pretty sad...dying at work has to be one of the top 5 worst ways to go.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Michael K said...

You could've been on the news!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

haha i know! i could have used someone else's tragedy to get my face on TV and didn't do it! UGH!

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home