Sunday, December 18, 2005

IT'S DE-LIGHTFUL, IT'S DE-LICIOUS IT'S DE-LOVELY

I'm watching De-Lovely off and on. I've seen most of it already. It wasn't that great a movie really. But I am a sucker for a good musical and the songs in De-Lovely are pretty awesome, especially the title song, De-Lovely - sung by Robbie Williams in the film - and Let's Fall in Love - sung by somewhat old-looking super-Canadian femme Alanis Morrissette.

I had a weird weekend. I don't know how to explain it, just weird. You know when something changes, and you can feel it changing, and you don't know how or why it's changing but it just is. And, you always thought that if that thing ever changed, it would be earth shattering and filled with the kind of drama that earth shattering events often bring. But when it happens it just...isn't. It happens, and you don't try to fight it or change it or do much about it. It just is what it is. This is the weird thing about blogs, I'd love to be able to tell entire stories to my readers but sometimes I just can't! URGH.

Anyway, I went to see The Family Stone today with my cousin. She was on my case for like months trying to pin me down so I finally said let's do it. I just don't hang out with her that much, but being that it's family there's an added level of guilt when they tell you they haven't seen you in forever. So, yea...Family Stone...good movie! For those of you who don't like SJP, this movie will just confirm your hatred of her. She's good in it but her character is just so perfectly annoying. It's actually not AS funny as I would have liked/predicted...but then, there were other unexpected things in it that sort of made up for it....but not entirely. I still think it would have been better had there been a few more REALLY funny parts. Lots of mild chuckles...not a lot of big big laughing moments. It's like hello!? paging Luke Wilson!? You are in the friggin movie...say something hilarious! Ok to his credit he was the funniest character in the movie.

So now I'm watching the What Not to Wear marathon on TLC...and it's the two most annoying episodes back to back. First, it's Mrs. Britney-in-20-years, who not ONLY is Britney in 20 years but has hair that can only be described as Bon Jovi circa 1985 if Bon Jovi bleached his hair 18 times and then swam with a toaster. They cut and dyed her hair into this cute sassy little cut and she literally said nothing, and then said "well....i don't DISlike it....". It's like bitches, trailer-trash doesn't know the difference between trashy and trendy. They think gold lamé halter tops with strings down the front are hot.

Now it's this total cow who dresses like Mary-Kate Olsen. And that's bad if you ARE Mary-Kate Olsen...but it's downright disastrous if you've got 100 lbs. on Mary-Kate Olsen. It's like...it's like you're an obese bag-lady, and when you're doing the homeless look you can't be obese because homeless people generally don't get the opportunity to overeat so it's totally unrealistic. She's one of those ones that isn't really co-operative or happy to be there. She thinks everything they suggest is ugly and when they set her free to buy her own stuff she tries to buy a flat front pleated yellow plaid skirt. And yet I can't stop watching.

So this is the last week before Christmas. I can't wait. My grandparents gave me some Christmas money - trying to ensure (and insure) my love for another year no doubt. As you can tell I'm not exactly close with them. But I AM close with their money and that's what counts at Christmas, right? So I plan to do some shopping of my own...a girl needs New Year's wear doesn't she? A new year a new wardrobe I always say.

But seriously, I AM really all about my family at Xmas and so I can't wait to spend a quiet evening at home with my parents (Ron and Dany), my brother Jeffrey and my future sister-in-law Becky. Oh and my dog Jenny.

A good night to all and to all a good night.

7 Comments:

Blogger GetFlix said...

I love this time a year! Christmas rules! And you're right, total family time.

I am a bit of a Scrooge with the New Years Eve. It never really clicked with me. Even when I lived in NYC, I never went to Time Square!

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Vanessa said...)

"But I AM close with their money and that's what counts at Christmas, right?"

Ohmygod, I almost put hot chocolate through my nose at that one!! Mental note: do NOT drink and read Sarah's blogs!

You know what's the really funny part? There are so many people for whom that's a reality (not only with grandparents, but parents too)....you know the type: spoiled bitches that blast their crappy music from their brand new cars 'cause "daddy's a doctor" (or, because it's Sarah's blogs, because "daddy owns a chain of hotels") so, I guess if that's really the case and you're not kidding, then in a small way, you're like Paris... :P

12:34 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

lol vanessa you're hot! i am actually lucky because it sucks being estranged from a family member or members...but if they're rich at least you have the money to comfort you lol

it's still sad though, but my grandparents are total assholes! but i'm glad i made you laugh heehee

8:23 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

getflix where do you live now? i heart NYC.

8:23 AM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Outside of Boston, in the sticks!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Michael K said...

Sarah, is Claire Danes hot in that shit?

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vanessa said...

You know, Sarah, it doesn't matter anyways...who says your relatives are supposed to care? They're just people like any other people, they just happen to carry genes from the same pool. The truth is, I'm much closer to a few good friends than I am with my family. In fact, Christmas has been a great time of learning for me again this year. Turns out, my family doesn't know me at all...oh yeah, and they NOT rich.



SCREW FAMILY.

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home