Monday, January 30, 2006

The thing about that is...



Mean Girls is CONSTANTLY on the movie network. I almost always watch it, provided I'm home, watching TV at the time and notice that it's on. The thing about this movie is that it kind of seems to show that girls are only mean when they're girls. Not true. Some girls are mean forever. Some girls never, ever become nice girls.

Case in point: The dreaded talking about your friend behind her back to another friend. Ok, we all do this now and then. Like, if someone pisses me off somehow, I won't hesitate to say how and why and I might tell a mutual friend if said trespass warrants it. But some girls will literally find ANY occasion to shit-talk their "friends" behind their back. "Oh, the sky is blue? Jane is a bitch." Not good. Even if the person you shit-talk to doesn't tell you, she thinks you're a big bitch for bashing your other friend to her and secretly wonders if you do it to her too. And frankly, if you're willing to do it to one person, you're probably willing to do it to other people. Namely, the very person you're gossipping to. Paranoia and girl chaos ensue! Yada yada yada. Whatever, all I know is, I've noticed as of late that some people will talk shit about ANYONE and EVERYONE about ANYTHING, and it's a disease called "insecurity". Do not let yourself be infected. That's what celebrity gossip is for, not your friends.

Men don't have this problem because men are not petty. Men do not speculate about each other's health/personal life/haircut/weight/clothing. In fact, men don't speculate at all. Men just are. I like that about men.

If you're in an argument with someone, expect their side of the story to magically get out to people. But if you're wondering if someone is untrustworthy, they probably are. Instincts don't lie. That's my life lesson for the day!

Let's hope that my backpacking adventure shows me a much MUCH bigger picture of the world, because Girl-World as it's called in Mean Girls tends to get old. Not that there aren't secure, intelligent, sweet girls out there. You just wouldn't know it based on what the bitchy ones say!

5 Comments:

Blogger GetFlix said...

In Boy World we're more concerned with who has the cool car.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

lol really? who gets the most ass maybe too?

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Vanessa said...)

I know this post is like a week old, but I havn't read anything for like, the last two weeks; so, here's my two cents:

I agree with the whole "backstabbing bitch" thing you're talking about; however, when you said
"Men don't have this problem because men are not petty. Men do not speculate about each other's health/personal life/haircut/weight/clothing. In fact, men don't speculate at all. Men just are. I like that about men."
I disagreed on that. In my experience, men pick other men apart too; but in a different fashion than women pick apart other women.

Oh, and not all men either, just the same as not all women are catty.

Great topic Sarah, I'm surprised there weren't more comments on this one!

2:57 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

vanessa you're probably right! I guess I'll never actually know the inner workings of male relationships. no one reads my blog anymore! lol...i can't keep up with it as much as i'd like since i can only post from work...i'm trying to look good at work! ;)

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Vanessa said...)

I still read your blogs, pretty regularily actually. (I was kinda hoping you had a thing or two to say about Britney driving around with Sean Preston in her lap!)

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home