Thursday, January 26, 2006

TRIPS AND TRAPS



Do you ever wonder if you should pursue something crazy just because if you don't, regret will eat away at you? I'm sure you do, we've all had that feeling. There are many times in my life that I've been scared to do something, say something, or face something that I know I should. But just when I feel that I've been giving in to fear or missing opportunities for too long, I get a surge of strength and courage and decide to take matters into my own hands. This, folks, is what brings me to the point of today's post.

I want to travel. I don't want to just take a trip, but really immerse myself in my travels. I want to travel for months on end and see things I won't believe I saw later, meet people I never would have met otherwise, and all around rely on myself for a long, long time. You only live once, you're only young once, and you only get so many chances to do what you've dreamed about doing before your chances are wasted.

So I've made the ultimate decision that I am going to do it. The photo above is of a Belgian statuette. My mother is Belgian. I'll have to go visit her home country and see where she lived. I want to go back to France because thankfully I've been once before. I want to go to Germany, Switzerland, Ireland, Scotland, England, Holland, Portugal, Spain...and of course Ryan I want to come and visit you in China so maybe we'll call this a backpacking trip through Europe and Other :)

I am so excited that I've made the decision that it IS possible and that I am going to do it. Now, the planning...right. Damnit!

IN OTHER NEWS:

Kam had her baby, as we all know. He now has a name! It's Nishaan. Beautiful. I love it. It's very sing-songy and precious. Apparently it means - roughly - "target" or "bullseye"...but in a "beautiful way" as I was explained by someone who knows about these things. Sweet!

3 Comments:

Blogger patti_cake said...

Wow Sarah I hope your dream comes to fruition and you'd damn well better blog about it to the max!

6:16 AM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Yeah Sarah, same here. Go for it and please share!!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I definitely will!! I'm thinking it's going to have to wait until after my bro's wedding which is on Labour Day 2006...but I'll definitely blog it all!!!

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home