Tuesday, February 14, 2006

THE OLYMPICS: 2 WEEKS OF TV ADDICTION

I LOVES me some Olympics. I really do. No offence to any Americans who read my blog because I love the Americano's but in Canada, we are slightly anti-US....not in the Al-Qaeda extremist kind of way, but in the jealous little sister kind of way. We just kind of....like talking about you behind your back. A lot. But you're used to it by now being that your President is vaguely retarded. But secretly we're just jealous! We promise! Anyway, in that respect Olympic time becomes The Time When We Hope the Americans fall Flat on Their Asses and We Don't. I know, it's so petty...but it's TRADITION! We are glued to the CBC 24/7 watching Olympic events, and since my dad just bought us a friggin 90" movie screen for a tv, well...we aren't exactly motivated not to watch. Here are some of my favourite athletes and highlights. Oh and P.S....secretly we know we can't win more medals than you. And it hurts. It really hurts.


Beckie Scott and Sara Renner...silver medal in women's team sprint:




Alison Forsyth, poor thing crashed and suffered injuries during a practice run the other day and can't compete now. This also happened to a French and an American, but of course NBC didn't mention the Canadian! Bastards! (xoxo)



The one sport we KNOW we can beat you at (and it's our favourite!)...and we're practically giddy waiting for that day to come. 2002 Olympic repeat? I think so!! It almost makes up for our other shortcomings (snowboarding anyone?).




So far it's only like day 4 so nothing huge has happened...but you can bet I'll keep posting about the Olympics because I'm addicted. Oh also, apparently it's Valentine's day. Happy Valentine's Day people!

2 Comments:

Blogger GetFlix said...

That's okay. We still like your beer.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

mmm beer :)

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home